A Crash Can Turn Your Life Upside Down
Car crashes occur every day on Georgia highways and local streets. Most people are unaware of what needs to be done after a car accident and often make mistakes that could jeopardize the value of their personal injury claim. Be informed, take the initiative and talk to the experienced legal team at The Finnell Firm. Our Rome car accident attorney works with accident victims in Rome and throughout the surrounding areas who have been injured in car accidents, motorcycle accidents, truck wrecks and other motor vehicle accidents.
Whether you have been involved in a rear-end collision, T-bone accident or multivehicle highway accident, we are here to assist you. Call us today at 706-314-8156 to schedule a free consultation.
What To Do After A Car Accident
The stress, fear and adrenaline in your body after a crash can impact your decision-making after a car crash, so it’s important to be prepared and to stay as calm as possible. There are also steps you can take after an accident to protect your rights.
- Always call the police to make a report and exchange insurance and contact information with the other driver. Failing to call the police could have an impact on your insurance claim or on a personal injury claim in the future if you need to make one. If anyone is injured, call for help immediately. You’ll also want to let your insurance company know that an accident has taken place.
- When the police arrive on the scene, it is important that you don’t accept blame for the accident. Accidents may involve many factors, and you never know whether the other driver was drinking, on drugs or whether the other driver has a valid license. Don’t accept blame. Tell the officer the facts of the accident. The officer may ask you if you’ve been injured. Even if you feel okay, you should tell the officer that you are not certain. Some injuries can take days to weeks before they manifest. For instance, mild traumatic brain injury symptoms are sometimes not diagnosed right away.
- Take photos of the accident scene and get the names of any witnesses who saw the accident. Then, even if you don’t feel pain immediately after the accident, get medical attention as soon as possible. Some injuries may not be immediately noticeable. For instance, whiplash, mild traumatic brain injury and even some spinal cord injuries may take hours or days to show symptoms. Seek medical care and protect yourself and your rights.
- Finally, make sure that you protect yourself after your crash. Speak to insurance adjusters, but make sure that you don’t make any official statements or sign any documents without seeking legal advice. Insurance adjusters may try to get you to settle for less than you may deserve. They may want you to make statements that could compromise your case later. It is always okay to tell adjusters that you are not comfortable discussing the case over the phone. You can ask that they correspond with you in writing. This has the added benefit of allowing you to share any correspondence and information with your personal injury lawyer in Rome, Georgia, before you make any statements or agree to any settlement.
There are many things individuals need to consider after an accident in Rome, Georgia. You don’t have to navigate these issues alone. Contact the personal injury attorney at The Finnell Firm today.
Experienced Representation For All Types Of Injuries
Car accidents can cause many different types of injuries. While all injuries are difficult to deal with, it is particularly important you work with an experienced attorney if you are suffering from a catastrophic or life-altering injury. At The Finnell Firm, we are experienced in representing accident victims suffering from injuries such as:
- Broken bones
- Soft tissue injuries
- Brain injuries
- Back and spinal cord injuries
The Finnell Firm understands the unique challenges that families and victims face in the aftermath of a serious injury. We take you and your injuries seriously and work hard to help you get the compensation you may deserve to cover medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and rehabilitation fees.
Let Us Handle The Insurance Companies
It can be particularly difficult to deal with the insurance company, especially when you are unfamiliar with the tactics and strategies that might be used. Some adjusters are trained to get clients to settle for less than what a claim is worth, which makes it even more important that you have a lawyer representing your interests. Adjusters sometimes use computer programs and formulas that may offer you the lower range of what your claim is worth. A personal injury attorney can read over your policy and help you understand your rights. In some cases, individuals can get a better settlement from insurance companies when they work with a lawyer. We will negotiate on your behalf and make certain you get the full benefits and compensation you may deserve.
Our attorney, Robert Finnell, handles all types of car accident cases, including hit-and-run, drunk driving and uninsured/underinsured motorist claims. We are knowledgeable of the law and will develop an effective legal approach for your particular case. Protect your rights and the rights of your loved ones.
Let’s Talk About Your Car Crash Today
If you have been injured in a car accident, you need strong legal counsel. Please contact our firm to schedule an initial consultation by calling 706-314-8156 or , or contact us online. We recognize that your injuries may be significant, so we are happy to schedule appointments at a time and place that is convenient for you. Home, hospital and weekend visits are available by request.