Were You Affected By A Faulty IVC Filter?
An IVC filter is meant to stop blood clots from entering the heart, lungs, kidneys and brain and to help break said clots down. IVC filters are small, cage-like devices that are inserted into the inferior vena cava with the intention of capturing blood clots and preventing them from traveling. Medical studies now show, however, that serious injuries can result when these devices are implanted and remain in the body. The FDA has received over 1,600 adverse event reports associated with IVC filters.
If you or a loved one had an IVC filter and suffered from severe complications, you may have cause for legal compensation. The Finnell Firm has extensive experiences in defective device cases, and has served the people of Georgia for more than 40 years.
IVC Filter Complications
While these devices were intended to save lives, they could result in life-threatening complications. These complications include:
- “Cardiac tamponade,” a life-threatening condition involving bleeding in and around the heart
- Internal bleeding
- Organ damage due to detachment of IVC filter components
- Hematoma or nerve injury at the puncture site
- Migration of the device
- Constant, severe pain in the heart, chest or elsewhere in the body
- Pulmonary embolus (a blockage of an artery in the lungs)
- Perforation of the IVC
- Respiratory distress (difficulty breathing)
- Another serious injury or death
After suffering these complications, you or your loved one may be eligible for financial compensation to cover your medical expenses, your pain and suffering and other costs associated with the injury.
Contact Us For A Free Initial Consultation
Please contact us at 706-314-8156 or to schedule a free initial consultation. If you are unable to visit us at our office, we are happy to schedule an appointment at a time and place that is more convenient for you.